Hair Care and Beauty Experts Share their Top Tips for Healthy Hair
We started a dialogue with these experts to get them to share their beauty secrets and tell us:
- Thier top 3 Tips for Keeping Hair Healthy? And,
- Which Hair Styling Products they use and recommend?
Take a look below; we’re sure you’ll find inspiration and effective ways to keep your hair healthy and looking fabulous!
1) Focus conditioner on the ends of the hair, to avoid weighing them down or causing them to become oily.
-Try and avoid sulfates and alcohols in your shampoo and conditioner as much as possible as this causes dry, brittle strands that appear dull and break easily.
-Rinse and condition hair in cold water: cold water helps to close the cuticle and seal in moisture from the conditioner, which helps your hair look shiny and healthy.
-Another tip, avoid heating tools as heat strips the moisture content from your hair making it dry and frizzy.
2) Fuel Hair Care, Kenra Platinum Revive System Haircare
Drybar Velvet Hammer, just to name a few.
1) If you have bleached or colored blonde hair, you should invest in a great purple toned shampoo. It’s not necessary to get the conditioner as well, as that can be quite drying, but the purple shampoo and a nice conditioning treatment for after will leave your hair fresh, vibrant and keep that brassy, orange tones away. I use my purple shampoo once every 1-2 weeks to keep my blonde feeling bright. Just leave it on for 5 minutes and then wash away. It does stop the dullness and changing of color when you have dyed blonde hair.
-Don’t wash your hair every day or too often, 1-2 times a week is good, so you don’t strip away the oil.
1) Wash no more than every other day & always use a good conditioner.
– Use as little heat as possible and if using heat make sure to use a good heat protector
– Learn your hair type. Oily hair needs citrus based shampoos and light conditioners, not deep conditioning! Also, dry hair will get worse with prolonged heat. Knowing your hair means you can care for it properly.
2) I use the same products and rarely change them. Currently, I’m using Aussie’s miracle hair insurance leave in spray. It leaves hair incredibly soft and shiny.
I’m also very keen on L’Oreal’s Ellnet hairspray. It brushes out like a dream and doesn’t leave your hair sticky.
I am also obsessed with dry shampoo. Batiste is my go to brand, and they even do ones of different hair colors and to add volume.
1) Brush your hair every night before going to bed. However, do not use a synthetic brush as it can harm your hair strands. Instead, use a boar bristle brush. A boar bristle brush distributes your natural oils from your scalp to hair ends.
– Most people lead very busy lives, so you might not eat a healthy well-balanced diet. As a result, your body and hair might not be getting the nutrients they need. Protein and essential minerals are what enables you to grow new hair. If you’re not getting these vitamins daily through food, you might want to try hair vitamins. They can deliver the nutrients your body is missing for long, healthy beautiful hair.
– Please use a conditioner every time you wash your hair. Over a period, your hair can get thinner at the bottom because of heat styling tools, coloring or just plain bad products that cause damage. A good conditioner can reverse the damage by replacing the proteins inside your hair shaft. Also, it helps seal the cuticles to prevent more damage. By sealing the cuticle, you will have hair that looks much healthier.
2) My favorite flat iron is the HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron, with Travel Size Argan Oil Leave-in Hair Treatment. I first purchased it when going on vacation. It came with a traveling bag, which was a nice bonus. My hair is thick, but this flat iron straightened it to a silky, flowing healthy shine. It is an affordable luxury.
I seriously love Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment. It makes my hair soft. I have strayed a few times looking for something better, but I must admit I always come back to this hair conditioner. It drenches my hair in Argan Oil because it is blended into the product. Also, it strengthens and prevents hair breakage, while adding tons of moisture.
NURUL QASTALANI Radzuan
1) Once in a while, I will massage my hair with either olive oil or coconut oil at night then go to sleep. The next day, I’ll wash my hair with shampoo in the morning. I only do this during the weekend. During the week, I have to wear the hijab to work ( I need to minimize the time taken to blowing hair to dry).
– I seldom tie my long hair. But Malaysia has hot and humid weather therefore sometimes I tie my hair because it is hot.
2) You may check this website: http://safi.com.my/web-en/personal-care/shampoo/main.php. This hair regime is specific for hijabis girl/woman in Malaysia. But I only use shampoo. I don’t prioritize my hair since I am wearing a hijab.